April 14, 2005

Life is a metaphor for God's love of metaphor

"I guess I spend most of my time eating M&Ms and thinking about molecules."
- = * = -

Ok, so, I'm a philosophy major. That doesn't mean anything about my interests. I really enjoy philosophy. But lately the idea that's captivating me is the disparity between quantum mechanics and general relativity. All the recent advances in physics have been based on one of these two theories, yet the two are incompatible. Or so physicists say. Many of them are looking for a way to make them work together, but no one's having much success. So I've been putting my own head to finding a solution. Yes, me with no knowledge of physics. Yet, here's the thing: philosophy deals with the exact same questions. And, I'm realizing now, so does theology. And get this, all of life asks these questions, and provides examples of what could be an answer.

More to think about. It's not time to present my ideas. You'd call me crazy anyway. Later. Some other time. Once I've gone insane. :)

Just wanted to let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Galen, a man who thinks between the theories. So rad. I can't wait to hear your ideas. Then I can say I knew you back when.

    Miss you,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete