February 6, 2006

Fuluptinacaputle

I should not:
  1. Listen to happy music
  2. On Sunny Days
  3. It makes me want to travel
  4. and I just can't afford that right now
I've just realized that if I can make it through summer without a car, I can afford to go to Eastern Europe for a month at the end of summer. Slovakia anyone? Estonia? Croatia?

And these are dreams, and only dreams, but they keep me going. They are just dreams, because, well, if I don't have a car, I can't make the money to go to Europe. So, I must buy a car, which uses up the money for Europe. Sick cycle, I know.

Anyway, listen to: Let Go by Frou Frou and Just Watch The Fireworks by Jimmy Eat World, and just the whole Keane album in general, and finish off the Garden State album while you're listening to Frou Frou.

I think I'm going to take the dog for a walk.

And in the midst of this, Darfur, new youth pastors, girls, schools, airplanes, businesses, ideas and it's still COLD out. It's all so confusing.

But as a dear friend said, "Your job isn't to be certain about anything. Your job is to love God and love people." That's a relief. But how? God seems so transparent sometimes: I know he's here, but everywhere I look I'm seeing trees and pillows and runways and blue sky. How is it so hard to know someone who's so close? Everything points to the fact that Jesus is still talking... but is he? You'd think he'd work on speaking more clearly, if he really cared to talk to us.

My sunny day is getting clouded by these worries.

Stopping. Toodle pip.

5 comments:

  1. they are good aren't they? you're welcome, and sorry about the seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEW is fantastic, seriously awesome.
    I'm coming upon an interesting little phenomena with my car also. I want to park it so I can stop paying insurance and buying gas, but if I do that I won't be able to drive into spokane to hang fliers on people's front doors at the rate of 10 cents each. Which - at the moment is my only source of revenue. As is, I'll probably only pull out slightly ahead of the insurance/gas bills but the fact that I'm nearly broke makes it necessary to get even that relatively small amount. Haha, oooo world is this what you look like, then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. o, and who gave you that quote? they're right on, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is there and Jesus is still talking, you can hear him in the soft whisper of the wind, the singing of the falling rain and in the silence of the snow. he is there, talking to all of us...you just have to stop and listen carefully to hear what he has to say. and when yo udo hear him, you will be filled with joy and happiness.

    hope you hear what he has to say...its soul soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, I didn't know you knew him.

    Matt, my friend Katelyn gave me that advice.

    ReplyDelete