June 13, 2006

June rains inspire haikus

Some Haiku I wrote this morning, while chatting with Amber. They're not all technically Haiku. I wasn't counting my morae. It's a neat form though. I used to hate it for it's restrictions, but it's really beautiful when done right (read some real Japanese Haiku). Also it's kind of nice that you only get 17 morae. That means you won't have to come up with many words. Or be loquacious. As I'm doing right now. Anyway, cheers!

---------

Summer has come
large toads follow
crossing roads

[ Added later. I think this is better. But then again, no one likes my edits :P
Summer has come
large toads cross
rainy roads
]

Sea in spring
happy water levels rising
float boats

June rains
all over Japan and Covington
and on me

May flowers
were early because now
June showers

June rains
but I'm warm inside
by the fire

June rains
but I'm very cozy here
with Rosy

Haiku rhymes
are frowned upon sometimes
nickles and dimes

Rainy season
makes the leaves drip on me
and I leave

Moon viewing
is very nice and fun in June
though impossible

Shining leaves
covered in shiny rain clothes
ogres in gowns

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you are officially insain. Welcome to the group bud ;)

    ReplyDelete