January 3, 2007

I fell in love tonight

with these:

  • George Winston's version of Pachelbel's Kanon in D
  • Ordinary People, a 1980 film by Robert Redford
  • Pablo Neruda, especially his poem, "I'm explaining a few things"
  • My family's house, finally a home.
  • Friends who smile, haunt, hug, humble, reflect, champion, commission, cheer and snuggle me with their lives
  • The aural properties of the Charlotte's Web soundtrack
  • The steps I take which, tracks across a page, appear, in hindsight, poetry.
You, probably.

I'm excited for the next two days of drinking fine beer and discussing and reconnecting.
For the Jan-term I've anticipated for two years
For the lofty visions and folly of our own optimism
For a year without resolutions, yet a year of resolution

My future is vague and unsafe, like emotion and poetry. That makes sense. Poems confuse me at first, until my heart beats quicker and my mouth opens, and my body language tells me that I understand something my mind cannot. The vagueness is like that. I have one confidence: I am getting closer. The hair on my arms is standing on tiptoe, to see what impends.

Here's to 2007 and a bit of aesthetics mixed with our practicality. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment