August 25, 2005

microsoft rex nihildum

Update: After another two hours of messing around and research, I got it to work on every browser except IE5.5 for Mac. Yay! So, you're looking at it! But still, MicroSoft rex nihildum.

-------------

Well, I have a new template for you. One that doesn't confine my words to such a small box (thanks Azina). One that is a bit warmer and friendlier and just looks cooler. It's green and orange and white all over. It has transparencies and pictures. It's really very cool. I like it a lot.

Then how come I'm not showing it to you? Because internet explorer screws it up. It works in all the browsers but IE. IE has it's own standards and own way of doing things, which makes it difficult to design for. So, until internet explorer is updated or annihilated, you don't get to see the new layout. Sorry.

Unless, of course, you promise to use Firefox. If you promise, maybe I'll show you. Just for a day or something.

3 comments:

  1. Galen, I love it. It's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....I'm thinkin that this pretty much kicks every other blog template in the butt. Soundly. A sound kick in the collective template butt. Very nice, very serene, very near-feng-shui-ish and asian-ly peaceful. I can't imagine what the other one looks like... I promise to use firefox?

    makes me think of bamboo and panda bears

    ReplyDelete
  3. close, so close. Look at a map. You know China, out in the plateaus, where the bamboo groves grow? Towards the Yellow River. See it? The picture was taken no where near there.

    hah, the image is of the hills of Pesaro, Italy. A talented photographer, Giorgio Pieroni, took the picture. You can see his other pictures at: http://www.pbase.com/giorgiopieroni/profile

    Wish him well for permitting me to use his photo!

    ReplyDelete