January 7, 2006

Eggs, eggs, go away.

To all who commented on the previous post: thanks for weighing in. I would have commented on it, but there were numerous requests that we bump the picture off the hello screen. So, let it be known, this post is for Azina, whose queasy stomach inspires me.

As for your actual comments:
Amber, thanks for the advice. Trevor and I have been discussing it as well, and he managed to successfully poach a couple of eggs directly in the water this morning, so I'm going to give his recipe a shot. Matt, Edie, Steve: Does wealth beget luxury, or does luxury prove wealth? I'm for the latter, and I'll make poached eggs whenever I feel like it, if only because there are some luxuries nearly everyone can afford. An egg isn't very expensive at all. The ten minutes to make a poached egg isn't much either. But the feeling of luxury provided by said eight cent poached egg -- that makes one feel important. So, go for it! Live a little. It's okay! You're worth it.

And Amber again: I'm glad to hear I inspired you. Hereafter, I'll always aim for such heights.

Ooooook, enough chatter. I think the image is off the page. Cheers all!

Toodle pip.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha you were just...hahaha i love it. I really do. Mcdonalds, I'm lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolly good post. And I'm hungry. Think I might cook a poached egg right now. Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO!!! Amber don't do it. Don't eat one of those nasty poached eggs. Sorry Galen but it wasn't a silly only the rich can eat 'em. I just really really don't like poached eggs. Most of the way you prepare eggs groses me out. I like 'em only in cookies and devilled. Oh yeah and scrambled every great now and then.

    ReplyDelete